Friday 2 November 2012

20 Months In Country!

 
Still close after all this time ahhhh!!!!
 
So, we've been in Cambodia 20 months now and plan to return to the UK 1st(ish) March 2013.
I'm (Chris) looking forward to returning , I'm missing the Lakeland hills and mountains amongst other things. As the time gets nearer there is that sense of trying to finish things off as there wont be another chance.
 I am presently teaching Intermediate English language and have a full Student's course book to get through with my class of some 15 students, they are a great bunch. Yesterday we were looking at the past tenses,the topic was sport and the two angles were cheating in sport and what happens to sportspeople when they retire.
We looked at famous (cheating ) moments in sport including Divine intervention?, Argentina playing England in the World Cup quarter finals in 1986. Diego Maradona scored a goal with his hand.
Amusing for my students as I stood at the front of the class jumping to head an imaginary ball, and then flicking the ball into the net with my hand. I understand Kamai teachers would never behave like that. The other fun point for them was the fact that I was alive and watched the match as it happened on TV - 1986 ? when was that?
Please keep watching the blog.
Friday evening now - beer time . Mmmmm Angkor beer, ice and Pringles.

No comments:

Post a Comment